Thursday, November 7, 2013

Witnessing MIracles--This Corn Allergy Isn't Beating This Girl!

    I'm sharing the following in hopes that it can help shine a light at the end of the tunnel for anyone else dealing with the effects of having a severe allergy to corn.  The process of learning to live corn-free and of dealing with the physical effects of that process, as well as the effects of the allergy itself, is not for the faint of heart.  It can be really, really rough and very discouraging.  I am so thrilled with where things are now, and want others to know to keep hanging in there and live with hope.  It's not a pipe dream; things can get better!

Here is my Facebook status today:

    "I witnessed miracles today watching my daughter on her first day on the job.  At this time last year she couldn't leave the house and had trouble walking without her legs giving out on her.  Today she was in an area of the mall for four hours that she used to have to avoid because of fragrances in the air and came away energized afterward.  She caught on so quickly and had so much fun, and turns out she has a natural gift for sales!  I loved seeing how much people were drawn to her (and had to chuckle at how many of them were young men :) ).  It has been a beautiful day and you have no idea how incredibly thankful and joyful I feel.  Miracles and healing are possible and do happen!"

Yesterday's status:

    "I love it when synchronicities happen. :)


   So. . .I posted about how getting my job at Hickory Farms happened and was so fast.  A couple of other things have come out of that "idle thought" I had Saturday night to walk down there and see if they were still hiring.  Brittany has just recently become well enough to consider being able to work, and is starting there tomorrow. :)  This will be a great way for her to start building her work experience.  The other cool thing that happened today was a conversation my husband had with my manager.  Hubby has had some great business ideas for quite a while; two in particular but hasn't been sure how to proceed.  Yesterday an answer came to him on how to create a prototype he wants to market, and in this conversation today my manager gave him some resources that will give him the tools he needs for the other idea; he is also an entrepeneur with similar background (both he and my husband have parents in franchising).



    You never know what those little nudges are going to bring your way!"


My status on Monday:

   "Coolest story on how I got my seasonal job. :)  On Saturday hubby and I went to early dinner, movie and did some stuff at the mall.  I've been thinking about getting a seasonal job but haven't really wanted to fill out a stack of applications and figured I probably missed the window anyway.  I had this idle thought to stop by Hickory Farms while we were at the mall to see if they were still taking applications, thinking I was probably late (I worked there five years ago).  I stopped by and talked to the manager.  After telling him I had worked there before, he said, "Well, if you want to stay for a few minutes to fill out the application I need someone to start on Monday."  I couldn't believe the perfect timing and how fast and easily it all happened!  I found that everything came back quickly today; it was just like getting back on a bicycle.  The extra money will be nice, and it's about as stress-free as it can get.  I'm also glad to be at a location that stays busy; I like talking to people. :) Bonus:  The dress code is more relaxed than before, so I'm not restricted to black and white under the apron! :)"


    And there you have a little summary of what a cool week we have had as a family.  I'm still pinching myself. Getting to this point has been a long, rocky and sometimes very scary road.  Sometimes there have been turns in the road that have seemed like dead ends, and to proceed we've had to pull out the shovels and start digging to create more road.  Anyone who could have been a fly on our wall this time last year would scarcely believe that today could have been possible.  I'm so thankful for the resources we've found that have helped Brittany on her road to health and healing, and that we were able to figure out what was wrong in the first place.

    I am so happy, and so excited to see her moving forward and upward.  She is so radiant and beautiful; she literally drew people to her like a magnet today and that was really cool to observe.  I think she has a lot of potential to be a force for doing much good for others during her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment