Friday, September 6, 2013

Guest Post: Wearing a Mask

    As I was describing the kinds of things my daughter has to be sure to pack with her any time she leaves the house and mentioned keeping a mask with her, I was reminded of a post she did back in December on her blog describing an experience she had when we were out one day.  She hadn't been able to leave the house for quite awhile and we ventured out for a couple of hours to do a little Christmas shopping.  At this point she absolutely had to wear a mask, and even then we were troubleshooting reactions constantly.  Some of the reactions we got from people really upset me.  I am a nice person, but there were several times when I wanted to just let people have it.  It's amazing the ignorance that is out there.

    I thought I would share her post here, as what she wrote was very thought-provoking.  I thought the way she conducted herself was very kind and showed a lot of grace. I think she offers insights that people need to hear; I know that reading it made me think not only about her situation, but also made me consider my reactions to how she was treated.

http://ramblingsoftheblissfullyblonde.blogspot.com/search?q=wearing+a+mask

    In addition to this blog, she also keeps a healing blog called Blonde Recovery.  The link is on her sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment